I’ve accumulated a number of really good posts that I never seem to get around to posting. I thought, instead of sharing them one at a time, that I will share them in a group here instead:
- Visceral Apps by Mysterious Trousers: Thought provoking article on what makes some apps stand-out among its peers
- A Compass Is Not A Map by Jason Cohen: Many start-ups seem to think compasses are maps. They are not.
- The Credentials Trap by Chris Dixon: Conservative choices are rewarded via external validation, even if they aren’t the right choices.
- What Jason Fried Taught My About Selling Software by Dan Shipper: Thoughts on how to sell software deliberately.
- Subcompact Publishing by Craig Mod: Thoughts on the future of publishing (apps, magazines, newspapers, books, whatever).
- Augmented Paper by Matt Gemmell: In-depth analysis on what makes an attractive app
I have been influenced greatly by each of these articles. In particular the last two, Subcompact Publishing and Augmented Paper, are amazing treaties on the future and design, respectively. Hope you take the time to read them all.